Sunday, May 4, 2008

The life of an idol

“And the winner of Singapore Idol is…Jake Chan!!!” Laughter and screams and a mix of emotions filled the stadium. There were laughters, sadness and relief. I raised my two hands up and close my eyes trying to recover from my emotions and relieving that one moment but now it is all a thing of the past.
Fifteen years has past since my glorious days of an Idol. Now I am a family man and a retiree. I remember those days where my first album was a huge hit! Record companies start calling me, wishing I would go to their company to sing an album were selling like hot cakes! My salary every month was a five digit number and my manager had to handle five to six phone calls but once the heat cools down I had to start a new album that is where the trouble starts coming in gossips start coming in and paparazzi starts taking shots of me with another girl and then my manager has pushed me, my salary starts decreasing and soon I fell into depression. My albums fell off the shelf and music stores started selling my album at a very low price and no one treated me as an Idol anymore and soon another Idol search went on and my fans started to change sides they went to the other idols and I remember that last time I went on television at least thrice a week but now I went on television at least once a fortnight! I was becoming less popular and then I married to my beautiful wife, Jade.
Then my manager suspended my contract as soon as my contract ended and companies stopped calling me. They practically treated me as a ghost! I felt sad and at a loss. That time I joined Singapore idol was because I had a passion, I had a dream and now I am nothing and suffered depression last time I only see the singers as my goal and I never knew the sad side of an idol so this is my life story

My advice to all singers out there is that if you want to sing you can sing it casually but not as a career I end my story with the hope and wish that nobody would follow my footsteps.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE END~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: